Skip to main content

Week 6

Topic 1:

When it comes to daily news I do not really partake in it. I get my news from Facebook and word of mouth. I don't find news very important in my day to day life even though I probably should. I read articles from facebook and I use my background knowledge from various classes on how to tell if it is reliable or bogus. If I am really interested in the topic I come across then I research it on google and try to see if I find articles that support the one I found on social media.

I am not subscribed to any type of news publication. I choose not to be because I find it hard to determine what is real and what is fake or bias. Most news outlets are skewed one way or another and I don't exactly want bias news. I don't think it is worth paying for news when you can find free news online, on social media, and even on tv. I mainly just choose not to partake in news in the first place, I find that most news that is reported is extremely negative and I don't want to read that.

To be entirely honest I don't find myself very informed about most things happening in society. I would say about a 2 on a scale of 1 to 5. I say a 2 because of where I get my information. Since I get most of my information from social media then I have no certain way to determine if it is 100% accurate or not. I don't pay much attention to what is happening in legislation, politics, or much else. I sometimes know what new movies are coming out and that is from word of mouth or ads on youtube videos. Personally I think I should be more informed than I am but I just don't see the point when it is a constant battle of finding the truth.

Topic 2:

Personally I don't agree with anything Trump has to say in the first place, let alone about news being fake. So I do not agree with him stating certain news as "fake news". I find him to be fake. I don't agree with him because he is not a witness to everything that happens so how can he possibly determine if something is fake?

I agree that he is causing harm to free press and to the public. From my point of view I have noticed that since Trump has unfortunately become president it seems that nothing can be said unless he agrees with it. This definitely defies the point of free press and free speech. he is taking away the amendment and creating a very bias and hateful nation.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 9

Topic 1: 1. When I was younger my mom actually tried to stop me from hearing any kind of rap music because it was a bad influence for a child. It was weird for me because that was the only kind of music my brother actually listened to so when he got in the car from school and changed our country radio station to hip hop and rap my mom would have me cover my ears or put my head phones in from my walkman. Since my mom didn't want me listening to rap or hip hop I grew up listening to mainly country and 80's styled music with my mom and when my dad was home from work I would listen to 50's doowop music. 2. I felt very sheltered because I didn't really think anything of hiphop and rap music. I couldn't really not hear it since my brother's room was next to mine and he would have it full blast everyday but as I got older I listened to it more and now I understand what my mom was doing but at the time I thought it was unfair that my brother could listen to that kind

Week 5

Topic 1: My concern for copyright or limits on creativity is how can people have the freedom to be creative and use others work as examples or inspiration without it interfering with the copyright laws? I find it to be difficult for many people who use materials as inspiration to not be put in a binding position. They tend to list what they used as inspiration or discuss it and they always have to make it clear that they do not own the rights to anything. To me that is troubling to have to go through every time a person wants to be creative. To me I think that politicians go too far when exercising freedom of press since during their candidacies they tend to dig up every negative possible thing about their competitor they possibly can and they put it out to the public only to better themselves. (Unfortunately was not able to finish)

Week 3

Topic 1: I chose to use Facebook to search for the Adidas brand. On their Facebook page "adidas Original" company page they have thousands of photos showing the various products they are promoting during a certain time. Most of the photos are of the shoes at different angles but as I was going through them I noticed that they are reaching to all ages since they have a children clothing line that they are advertising. They have a list of events that the company is holding such as their upcoming event that is a Photo Lab where they will be using Polaroid cameras to show various techniques to use on Polaroid photographs. On their Facebook page they also have access to their Instagram page. Both the photos and the link are provided for easy access. The biggest promotion on the page is that "original is never finished." This is the cover photo, has featured videos on the page and the most recent posts have to do with that catch phrase. From how the page does their ad