Skip to main content

Week 9

Topic 1:
1. When I was younger my mom actually tried to stop me from hearing any kind of rap music because it was a bad influence for a child. It was weird for me because that was the only kind of music my brother actually listened to so when he got in the car from school and changed our country radio station to hip hop and rap my mom would have me cover my ears or put my head phones in from my walkman. Since my mom didn't want me listening to rap or hip hop I grew up listening to mainly country and 80's styled music with my mom and when my dad was home from work I would listen to 50's doowop music.

2. I felt very sheltered because I didn't really think anything of hiphop and rap music. I couldn't really not hear it since my brother's room was next to mine and he would have it full blast everyday but as I got older I listened to it more and now I understand what my mom was doing but at the time I thought it was unfair that my brother could listen to that kind of music and I couldn't.

3. My favorite music genre even now is still country music by far and followed up with Doowop, some 80's and A'Capella styled music. My favorite bands and artists are Florida Georgia Line, Dylan Scott, Kenny Chesney, The Blues Brothers, Whitney Houston, Pentatonix, and Jonathon Young. For me that is barely the tip of the iceberg for my favorites.

Topic 2:
1. I think it is awesome that students want to create their own radio station. It is totally feasible. I know that at OSU there is already a campus station that students go onto and run so I totally think that LBCC can do the same thing.

2. I think the station should adopt programs such as campus news and community news. These are two things that would help the community stay in touch with what is happening near them and keep them tuned in. Another possibility is keeping the station nonpolitical and open. This can create a larger audience and keep it a safe space for people to listen or even call in. A fun idea would be an advice line. Having people call in with minor set back and have the people in the station give their feedback and advice on the current situation that the caller is in.

3. I think the students should do traditional type fundraisers such as car wash, bake sale, recycling, offer tutoring to other students for a price. These are not only helpful for their funds but it is also a way to reach out to the community.

Comments

  1. My mom also tried to prohibit me from hearing rap music, and I see from a parental standpoint as to why as there is a lot of profanity and other things that young children do not need to be exposed to. I did feel sheltered too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 6

Topic 1: When it comes to daily news I do not really partake in it. I get my news from Facebook and word of mouth. I don't find news very important in my day to day life even though I probably should. I read articles from facebook and I use my background knowledge from various classes on how to tell if it is reliable or bogus. If I am really interested in the topic I come across then I research it on google and try to see if I find articles that support the one I found on social media. I am not subscribed to any type of news publication. I choose not to be because I find it hard to determine what is real and what is fake or bias. Most news outlets are skewed one way or another and I don't exactly want bias news. I don't think it is worth paying for news when you can find free news online, on social media, and even on tv. I mainly just choose not to partake in news in the first place, I find that most news that is reported is extremely negative and I don't want to re

Week 5

Topic 1: My concern for copyright or limits on creativity is how can people have the freedom to be creative and use others work as examples or inspiration without it interfering with the copyright laws? I find it to be difficult for many people who use materials as inspiration to not be put in a binding position. They tend to list what they used as inspiration or discuss it and they always have to make it clear that they do not own the rights to anything. To me that is troubling to have to go through every time a person wants to be creative. To me I think that politicians go too far when exercising freedom of press since during their candidacies they tend to dig up every negative possible thing about their competitor they possibly can and they put it out to the public only to better themselves. (Unfortunately was not able to finish)