Skip to main content

Week 1

Topic 1: 
My Major is Human Development and Family Sciences. I am duel enrolled at LBCC and OSU. I plan on becoming a teacher for kindergarten. I chose to be a teacher when I was very young and I have stuck with it ever since.
I am very interested in learning why we choose to share so much of our lives on social media platforms and what has made us so vulnerable or so competent from behind a screen.
I am passionate about helping youth. I used to be a mentor for bullied youth back in CA. I would go to all the middle schools in my district and speak in front of the students about bullying and what I went through when I was younger. I love to help kids and make sure that they are safe and cared about. I think it is a huge reason why I want to become a teacher.

Topic 2: 
I would say that my 3 main sources of information are facebook, youtube, and hear say. I am guilty of being on facebook everyday and always checking for new things that were uploaded on youtube. I don't think that facebook should be an extremely reliable source of information and news since it can be altered so much with each time someone shares something. It is also hard to have your own opinion on facebook when what we see is limited based on what our friends share and what we make "like" on our profiles. With that being said there can also be some reliable sources that are shared since many news outlets have created their own facebook pages so that they can reach a larger audience. I think these are my go-to sources because it is easy to access and something that I am already using on a daily basis.

Fake-news can be tricky. I look at it like a high school rumor, we may know something is not true that was said about us but it can still ruin our reputation. It can be extremely harmful to people on a mental level. I am pretty concerned about what is on social media platforms mainly because it does get so altered in certain bias ways. This can change how anyone views a certain person or a certain topic, or even a certain demographic. Fake-news, I believe, does far more harm than good. When I see news shared on social media I tend to do a little research on the topic to see if I find the same information on multiple sites. usually if I can find the same information then I find it easier to believe to be true news.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 9

Topic 1: 1. When I was younger my mom actually tried to stop me from hearing any kind of rap music because it was a bad influence for a child. It was weird for me because that was the only kind of music my brother actually listened to so when he got in the car from school and changed our country radio station to hip hop and rap my mom would have me cover my ears or put my head phones in from my walkman. Since my mom didn't want me listening to rap or hip hop I grew up listening to mainly country and 80's styled music with my mom and when my dad was home from work I would listen to 50's doowop music. 2. I felt very sheltered because I didn't really think anything of hiphop and rap music. I couldn't really not hear it since my brother's room was next to mine and he would have it full blast everyday but as I got older I listened to it more and now I understand what my mom was doing but at the time I thought it was unfair that my brother could listen to that kind

Week 5

Topic 1: My concern for copyright or limits on creativity is how can people have the freedom to be creative and use others work as examples or inspiration without it interfering with the copyright laws? I find it to be difficult for many people who use materials as inspiration to not be put in a binding position. They tend to list what they used as inspiration or discuss it and they always have to make it clear that they do not own the rights to anything. To me that is troubling to have to go through every time a person wants to be creative. To me I think that politicians go too far when exercising freedom of press since during their candidacies they tend to dig up every negative possible thing about their competitor they possibly can and they put it out to the public only to better themselves. (Unfortunately was not able to finish)